Thursday, July 20, 2006

Can Mum have a word?

Howdy folks
Well, I usually leave this to Big Daddy, but the Munchkin and I had such a great day today, I had to tell you about it. We took the bike trailer out (unsupervised!) and spent the afternoon with Lynda and Morgan who live down in Ellerslie. Not a huge deal, I know, but it was pretty big for me to be towing the kid around on the mean streets of Mt Wellie by myself. It pissed down with rain, and I got soaked, but Emily was toastie-pie in her buggy. Especially after I did the covers up properly.... too bad that was AFTER all the rain! But the puddle on the bottom of the buggy cleaned up without too much trouble. I could hear her singing all the way home while I slogged it out on the single-speed Klein up this huge hill; at least one of us was having a good time!

No pics of this notable event, but this one was so cute I had to put it in. Rick took this during his week as super-dad. Tell you what, it really raised the bar. I feel like I've had to lift my game a bit!

A big shout-out to Greg and Debs, who have set the date of their wedding in December. Might fit into that frock by then.... And Lily and Wozza in the UK, enjoying the long, hot, English summer. Can't wait to see those tennis whites, dahling! And Mumbo, if you read this, we're coming to stay next week if you're home and you'll have us. Emily wants to catch up with Nana and Poppa and see how Poppy's leg is doing. Will call you to confirm. xx oo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home