Saturday, June 03, 2006

A brief History of singlespeeding with the Redwoods



Although single speed mountain biking is not my only form of transport it is probably the most entertaining.
Working backwards (just like a blog) here is the fleet as best I can remember them and the

order they were rolling......

'92 Merlin Hardtail Titanium
'98 Scott Endorphin carbonfibre hardtail (well sort of)

'90 Klein Rascal aluminium hardtail
'00 KHS soft-tail True Temper steel
'98 Trek Zx8500 aluminium hardtail
Also a couple of unsucessful attempts along the way: One of the new GT I-drives was thought to have an islotaed rear triangle when they came out in mid 2004 -the plan was to singlespeed the sucker and take it to the single speed worlds in Berlin in August. How cool to just unbolt the rear triangle from the front and throw it in a suitcase! Yeah well it didn't work and still needed a chain tensioner so I just took the old Klein instead.
My old '98 Klein Attitude has rear entry drop outs, but a chain just couldn't be found to fit without the aid of a chain tensioner (stuffed old rear derailleur) so that was shelved too.
This post won't be particulary interesting for most everyone, I can't find many if any pics to add any visual enhancement. I'll keep on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home